Being a permanent citizen of Australia can give you various opportunities to enjoy living in a liberated and democratic society. When you become a permanent resident of Australia, you can travel, work, and live freely in any corner of Australia. You can apply for australian citizenship application online to get authorized citizenship by the Australian government.
How to become a permanent resident of Australia?
To get government-authorized citizenship, you must have to complete an application form and pay the applicable fee to the Department of Health and Ageing (DOHA). Once you successfully submitted the application form, soon the department will contact you for further details. If your application is successful and fits all the criteria, You will receive an invitation to participate in an Australian citizenship ceremony, which consists of a citizenship pledge.
Ways to get Australian citizenship:
- By birth: – If you are born in the land of Australia and both your parent are permanent residents of Australia.
- By descent: – If your parents are a citizen of Australia and you are born overseas, you will be granted Australian citizenship. You will get the same right as the children born in Australia.
- You will get Australian citizenship if you are the spouse or partner of an Australian citizen.
Australian citizenship requirements or criteria
For getting government-authorized citizenship you must meet the following requirements:
- You need to be an Australian permanent resident.
- Your age should be above 16 years.
- You are required to live in Australia for 4 years, also 12 months or 1 year as a permanent resident.
- You have to meet the good character requirements.
- You should have adequate knowledge of the responsibility and culture of Australia.
Australian citizenship test
All applicants have to complete the Australian citizenship test and must pass the test to get permanent citizenship. This test is based on the knowledge and understanding of Australian society, culture, values, morals, and history. The test also analyses the applicant’s knowledge of English language understanding and speaking. Applicants should also have sufficient knowledge about their responsibility and privileges as Australian citizens.
Benefits you will enjoy after getting Australian citizenship
You will enjoy several benefits as Australian citizens. Some of them are listed below:
- Voting rights: – Once you get citizenship, you are eligible to vote in Federal and state or territory elections and a referendum.
- You can apply for government jobs in Australia such as in the Australian Defence Force.
- Applying for an Australian passport.